Skip to main content

Fallbrook UnionElementary School District

Child Nutrition Services » Nutrition Education

Nutrition Education

Nutrition is for Everyone

Proper nutrition in the school age years can reinforce lifelong eating habits that contribute to a student's overall well-being. As a part of the Whole Child philosophy, Child Nutrition Services supports lifelong learning in the area of food selections, portion control, and balanced food groups.



Check out these free resources for more information about lifelong healthy habits:


MyPlate: How to choose and create a balanced meal


Cooking in the Kitchen: Recipes and ideas for healthful eating


Food Hero: Kid approved recipes in English and Spanish


Eat. Move. Save. Making healthier choices on a budget


Dinner Tonight: Your free online cooking school


Nutrition Facts and Labels: What does it all mean?


Harvest of the Month: What's in season?



Non-Discrimination Statement

In accordance with Federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, the USDA, its Agencies, offices, and employees, and institutions participating in or administering USDA programs are prohibited from discriminating based on race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA.

Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g. Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.), should contact the Agency (State or local) where they applied for benefits. Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339.  Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English.

To file a program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, (AD-3027) found online at:, and at any USDA office, or write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form. To request a copy of the complaint form, call (866) 632-9992. Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by:

(1)   mail: U.S. Department of Agriculture
Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights
1400 Independence Avenue, SW
Washington, D.C. 20250-9410;

(2)   fax: (202) 690-7442; or (3)  email:

Please use the Parent Portal Access link above to make payments or pre-pay for your student's account.
You can also apply for free or reduced price meals online via the Parent Portal.
If you have questions about how to set up your Parent Portal, please call us at (760) 731-4352