Dr. Candace Singh, Superintendent of the Fallbrook Union Elementary School District
Dr. Candace Singh has served as the Superintendent of the Fallbrook Union Elementary School District since 2011. She began her career in public education in 1985, serving as an instructional assistant, elementary and middle level teacher, assistant principal, principal, district curriculum leader, and now, superintendent of schools. Dr. Singh has also served as an adjunct faculty member at California State University San Marcos for over 15 years, inspiring and preparing future school leaders to develop cultures and systems that contribute to higher levels of achievement for all students.
Under the leadership of Dr. Candace Singh, FUESD has undergone an academic and cultural transformation that has resulted in the highest growth in student achievement in the district’s history, with dramatic gains in student achievement and improved school cultures.
- All District Schools have been nationally honored as Lighthouse Schools for The Leader in Me, an innovative and inspiring program to teach, support, and enhance student and adult leadership. FUESD is the first district in the United States to be recognized as a Lighthouse School District.
- The District has a comprehensive dual language school, Maie Ellis Elementary, serving over 600 students, which offers a unique immersion opportunity for students to become bilingual and biliterate in Spanish and English.
- Fallbrook STEM Academy (FSA) is the first school in California to partner with Discovery Education’s STEMformation initiative, providing extensive professional development for teachers and staff as well as access to Discovery’s online digital textbooks and resources. FSA serves over 600 students, where every student in grades 2 - 6 is provided a personal chromebook, and students in grades K and 1 have access to mobile technology in their classrooms everyday.
- Innovative elective programs have been added into our middle school curriculum to include robotics, app design, 3D printing, digital coding, and Lego and simple/motorized machines.
- 100% of the district’s students have access to high speed Internet in every classroom and all 4th through 8th graders districtwide have a personal mobile device.
- Every school has a dedicated Innovation Lab to provide hands-on learning opportunities for students in science, technology, engineering and math.
- The District has implemented a comprehensive physical education program in kindergarten through 8th grade.
- Art and music instruction is provided in every school.
- Over 80% of the District's 7th and 8th graders can now personally describe UC/CSU entrance requirements (A-G) and two viable career options they are already considering for their future.
- The district’s counseling program has received national RAMP distinction as a model school counseling program, one of only six in California. Students have access to school counselors in every school.
Dr. Singh holds a Bachelor’s degree in K-8 Education from San Diego State University and a Master’s degree in Educational Administration. She earned her doctoral degree in Organizational Leadership at the University of La Verne.
Fax: (760) 723-3895