Dr. Candace Singh, Superintendent of the Fallbrook Union Elementary School District
Dr. Candace Singh has served as the Superintendent of the Fallbrook Union Elementary School District since 2011. She began her career in public education in 1985, serving as an instructional assistant, elementary and middle level teacher, assistant principal, principal, district curriculum leader, and now, superintendent of schools. Dr. Singh also continues to serve as an adjunct faculty member at California State University San Marcos, inspiring and preparing future school leaders to develop cultures and systems that contribute to higher levels of achievement for all students.
Under the leadership of Dr. Candace Singh, FUESD has undergone an academic and cultural transformation that has resulted in the highest growth in student achievement in the district’s history, with dramatic gains in student achievement and improved school cultures.
- Seven of the District’s eight schools have exceeded the state Academic Performance Index (API) target of 800 points for the first time.
- Three schools have been awarded a CA Gold Ribbon for academic excellence, and three have been honored nationally as a Lighthouse School for The Leader in Me, an innovative and inspiring program to teach, support, and enhance student and adult leadership.
- The district’s counseling program has received national RAMP distinction as a model school counseling program, one of only six in California.
- Student suspension/expulsion rates have dropped 87%.
- The District has opened a comprehensive dual language school, which now serves over 600 students.
- Innovative elective programs have been added into our middle school curriculum to include robotics, app design, 3D printing, digital coding, and Lego and simple/motorized machines.
- 100% of the district’s students have access to high speed Internet in every classroom and all 4th through 8th graders have a personal mobile device.
- Every school has a dedicated Innovation Lab to provide hands-on learning opportunities for students in science, technology, engineering and math.
- The District has implemented a comprehensive physical education program in kindergarten through 8th grade.
- Art and music instruction is provided in every school.
- Over 80% of the District's 7th and 8th graders can now personally describe UC/CSU entrance requirements (A-G) and two viable career options they are already considering for their future.
Dr. Singh holds a Bachelor’s degree in K-8 Education from San Diego State University and a Master’s degree in Educational Administration. She earned her doctoral degree in Organizational Leadership at the University of La Verne.
Fax: (760) 723-3895